Sunday, June 15, 2008

Jodi....really???

So my friend Jodi Shippey and I are garage-sale-ing fools and it is becoming quite addictive. We went twice this past weekend, Saturday being particularly fun because we were both baby-free which means we can fly through these neighborhoods in record time. Let me tell you a little bit about Jodi. I love her because she has a very serious "one man's trash is another man's treasure" attitude, but last saturday was the funniest garage sale experience ever. The very first garage sale we get to, there is a beautiful old antique armoire for sale. I see Jodi's eyes light up as she goes in for the kill. The lady says she thinks it's for sale for $40.00. Another lady comes out of the house and says she actually wants $60.00 for it. How Jodi walks away only paying $30 is beyond me. I barely had time to blink and we're writing down Jodi's home number and she's telling these women her husband will be by later to pick it up. I do my part in telling Jodi repeatedly that her husband Bryan is going to murder her when he hear's that he gets to store an armoire in their garage for the next number of years until they move, and thus I've done my part and can say I tried to reason with her. (By the way, don't try to reason with a woman drunk with bargaining power.) SO, on we go to other garage sale's, Jodi thrilled that she snatched such a find and gushing about how beautiful this armoire is. Fast forward 10 minutes later: "Katie, I've GOT to go get my money back! Bryan is going to KILL me!" Why does rational thought always come later? I laughed my butt off as I watched Jodi walk over to the ladies and with big puppy dog eyes, ask for her money back. I'm proud of you Jodi. and I'm still laughing.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

ok-it was really pretty and cheap...I had to buy it! And return it...

Anonymous said...

Well said.