Friday, June 20, 2008

In Open Fields of Wild Flowers...

Tonight my friend Jodi and I decided to go find a field to take pictures of ourselves with our little girls. As I was looking through them when I got home, I couldnt help but think of the old Jars of Clay that came out when we were in high school that we all know so well....it has a whole new meaning now that I have a beautiful little girl of my own. (I attached the words at the bottom of this post in case you forgot them) Here are some of my favorites from the shoot. Major props to Jodi on her skills, she took the ones of Lorelai and I together. I took the ones of Lorelai alone. P.S. To those of you who like to steal these pics off my blog and print them, if you have a birthday coming up I would suggest waiting. You may, however, make requests.










"Love Song For A Savior"

In open fields of wild flowers,
she breathes the air and flies away
She thanks her Jesus for the daises and the roses
in no simple language
Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all
He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on her lips
Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call her and she will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray,

"I want to fall in love with You"

Sitting silent wearing Sunday best
The sermon echoes through the walls
A great salvation through it calls to the people
who stare into nowhere, and can't feel the chains on their souls

He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on our lips
Someday we'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call us and we will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and we'll pray,

"I want to fall in love with You"

It seems too easy to call you "Savior",
Not close enough to call you "God"
So as I sit and think of words I can mention
to show my devotion

"I want to fall in love with You"

"my heart beats for You"

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Katie- you underestimate yourself! You are a fabby photographer and your editing skills are awesome! I need lessons!We had fun with you gals!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pictures! The one of you and lorelai at the bottom is my fave. Good work!

Jodi Rohr said...

Katie - what a great idea! The pics turned out GREAT!! Your little girl is so cutie cute! I need to have me a child if that's what makes a good photographer! Major props!

Anonymous said...

Don't know whose birthday is coming up... but I guess I will wait before I still these awesome pictures.

Jack said...

Katie,
I love them all, as usaul! I showed them to Brad trying to make a case for getting Tilly's ears pierced. He said, "She's so cute" and about the earings, "That IS pretty cute." I'm wearing him down, little by little, hehe. BTW, what field were yall in?

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie. Your mom gave my mom your blog, so I thought I'd say hello. Maybe I'll see you guys next next weekend. I'll be in town for the weekend of the 12th-14.

Heidi Meurer said...

Great pictures, Katie! You and your girlie are so beautiful. Hope all is well with you guys!

Anonymous said...

picture, #2,#3,#4 & #6 I love them all...


NANA

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures and beautiful subjects (ok seriously, i still can't log in so I will be known as anonymous pawpaw)

Anonymous said...

oh and p.s. i am stealing all of these pictures ahhahahahahahaha (they really are good) a.p.

the bow lady said...

seriously??? WOW, that is all I can say!