Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rockin a new template

Are you jealous? I LOVE argyle and loved this background the moment I saw it. yay! I spent this past weekend slaving over what should have been a very simple sewing project. I made Lorelai a pillowcase dress. I'm sure you've heard of this....but just in case you haven't, you basically take an old pillowcase and cut it up and sew it and VOILA, a dress! Anywhoo, like I said, it should have been soooooo easy, but I'm new to this game so it took me FOREVER.....then, I went to put Lorelai in it this morning for church, but I forgot to cinch the top and it looked too big, she was screaming, we were late, so I took it off and threw something else on. I worked on this stupid dress all night so it would be ready for church today. grrrr. Anyways, I think it will work now that I know where I went wrong, so I will try to find a moment tomorrow for a photo shoot of her in it. I also made a bow to match. AND I bought some patterns today from walmart for an adorable dress for her and some shirts for me. Small problem: those stupid patterns are greek to me. Sorry if that sounds dumb, but I am not very schooled in the art of sewing and still have ALOT to learn :) Hopefully I can decipher them soon and will be posting pics of all of my works of art. Hope everyone is doing well and recovering from Ike. Lindsay, if yall go to the stinkin zoo again and I dont answer my cell phone (which was dead for a week...) call my home phone please! *sigh* :)

0 comments: