Thursday, September 25, 2008

Double cool with knobs!

Okay, this post doesn't actually include anything about knobs...it was a reference to the super funny books I am reading from the series "Angus, thongs and full frontal snogging" written from the perspective of a teenage british girl. It is full of fun and hilariousity. Don't judge me. You haven't read it yet. (Jodi, I know you're already lovin this post, but wait for it...you're gonna be so proud of me, my little trash collecting friend!)
ANYWAYS- I found something really cool. Let me start this by saying that ever since Courtney repainted her old twin wooden bed frame that is super old for Junie, I have been wishing that I had a childhood twin wooden bed frame that I could repaint for Lorelai when it is time. I have a deep love for old things made new again. All I had when I was a kid was bunkbeds I shared with Leslie in what we refer to as the "doll house" (our super small childhood house in Friendswood) and while I would give sooooo much to go back in time and read all of the notes we wrote on the board that holds the top bunk up OR have another go at "bunk bed wars" with Lindsay and Courtney while ripping up the blinds our beds were pushed up against, I dont think either of those things are possible. SO, I did the next best thing.
I found a super cute old wooden bed frame in a trash pile of hurricane ike rubble waiting to be taken away by the cherry pickers. I've been running the neighborhood this week and have kept a weathered eye out for curbside treasures, and couldn't believe my luck when I found this!!


As if that wasn't awesome enough, I almost died when I saw this on the back:

Vintage Ethan Allen wooden bed frame. FREE. Soak it up people.
On a side note...I don't know if any of your peeps have been watching my weight loss ticker, but I have lost 5 lbs THIS WEEK! (For a total of 9 lbs) I have been running every day and eating very well...hard work, but SO worth it. I am a little upset it is taking me until just now to lose any weight, but I have come to grips with the fact that not everyone drops baby weight (and then some) 6 weeks after they have their kid (JESSICA) and I'm one of those people that just has to work harder (AND I was on bed rest for the last month of pregnancy....that's my excuse, in case you were wondering...)
So. That's that.
AND, not that I don't amuse myself considerably with my wit, I actually don't write this blog just to entertain MYSELF. I need feedback people, and I need it now.
On another side note (I can have as many side notes as I want...is anyone even reading this stupid blog?) I am now officially a SAHM!!! (stay at home mom) However, I am still really bad at last minute activities, so if anyone wants to do anything, give me advanced notice por favor.
Farewell my fair-weathered blog-commenting friends.

6 comments:

Heidi Meurer said...

Love the bed! And CONGRATS on the weight loss! I'm right there with you...losing that baby weight is not as "walk in the park" as all those baby books make it out to be ("Take your baby for a brief walk 3-5 times weekly, and that weight should be off by the time you take your munchkin to his 3 month check-up!")

JohnsonFamily said...

Hey, I am not a fair weather blogging commenter. I comment quite often.

Congrats on the bed and the weight loss!!!!

Jack said...

Was the comment about needing more warning about weekly activities directed at me? It's okay, you can be blunt. Great job on the weight loss, doesn't it feel so good to see the numbers go down? Great bed too, I'm very impressed.

Anonymous said...

DUDE! What an awesome bed!!! So impressed!!!

If you see another post Ike old wooden twin grab it for me and Bella!!! :)
(I currently have a table in the garage that is waiting to be redone....I'm so not above grabbing other people's garbage!) :)

Anonymous said...

P.S.
I just checked out Lindsay's blog about the photo shoot...went to her photographer's site and I want to know why I never saw the photos of you that she has on her maternity section!!! SOOOO CUTE!!! Not to mention the baby pictures! Hello!!?!! Post a link to her blog or something but those are too cute not to share even if they are not current!!!
I LOVE THAT PHOTOGRAPHER!!! :)

Tracy Dyan said...

I am so jealous of the bed!