Monday, September 8, 2008

Old School, She's a GUSHER and Tutu magic!

A couple of weeks ago I went to a baby shower for a good friend of mine from highschool, Meagan (she's having a girl...YAY!) Everyone had a great time catching up and it was soooo good to see everyone. Meg lives in AZ but the rest of us live here and just never see each other. Here's a commemerative pic:

(left to right) Sam, me, Mommy to be Meg, Ann, and Jennifer...
Yesterday was Lorelai's first blood-spilling accident. She was crawling in the kitchen in her dress (normally when on hard floors, she does what my friend Diane calls the "Mogli" (kid from junlge book) crawl where she crwls on her hands and feet like a spider monkey. Today, however, she decided to try to crawl on her hands and knees and as I was walking towards her to redirect her, she ATE it. Bigtime. Flat on her face, biting her two bottom teeth into her little tongue. I remained relatively calm because I saw the whole thing happen....but blood was literally POURING out of her mouth. I called to Shawn who walked in from the garage and thought she was dying (like I said...she's a gusher) but after I explained what had happened he had the good sense to go get a piece of ice for her to suck on (good, quick thinkin daddy!) while I caught the blood with a paper towel in between ice gulps. Here are some pics of her little purple and red tongue (taken today at Walmart, no less)


Can you see the blood on her face? I noticed a minute later she had reopened her wound somehow and made it bleed again. She didn't even notice, but I'm sure everyone around me was wandering why I was letting my child bleed to death.
On another note....today Lorelai and I had an impromptu photo shoot with her new tutu! It wasn't much fun since it's sooooo hot outside today, and the baby monster would NOT look at me the whole time! We did get some really cute shots, though! Here are a few of my favs:








Before you know it, I'll be taking pictures of her walking around! Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! You are a champ!!! Look at those photos! You should go into business! :)

Jodi said...

i love the first pic of her back- thats a keeper!!!