Friday, March 27, 2009

The bluebonnets...

...they call to me!
I just HAD to go back to the patch again last night. I couldn't NOT go. Yes, it had been storming allllllll day yesterday, but when it cleared up at about 5:00pm, the sky had perfect cloud coverage (in other words, poor man's light filter...) I knew NOONE would be there and we would have the place to ourselves. And, we did. I called Nana who lives down the road from the bluebonnets and had her meet us there, and away we went! I put Lorelai in a more colorful dress this time (thanks, Auntie L!) to add a little more pop to the picture (and, eventually, my wall.) The other pics came out well, and they are still in the running, but seriously. You can't beat this lighting. Add these to your voting...












...and, of course, one with Nana!

9 comments:

Maryellen said...

I think I like all of these even more!! You're right, the lighting is wonderful, and I love the colorful dress she's wearing. Great job Katie!

abby said...

I LOVE her dress! and the pictures are soo good! I think you will have to pick more than one!

If I have a little girl, I soo want to find that dress haha :D

Jodi said...

I love the 4th one from the bottom!!!! Im too lazy to go to the top to count!

Anonymous said...

I love #5 cause it looks like she is praying, and I also love #10. They are all beautiful though!
Granna

Nana said...

Love them all! Voting for #9. Love the flower in her hair. Love her expression. Love the curls framing her face. Just beautiful!
Ella's Nana

Heidi Meurer said...

Umm, ALL of them are adorable! Love the last ones the best, though!

Granna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love these pics. #10 especially a.p.

JohnsonFamily said...

Katie,
Where did Leslie get that dress? So cute.