Thursday, January 1, 2009

Referrals Needed!

Hey Everyone...I have a request! Now that the holidays are over, we are going to go into warp-speed trying to finish our house construction. We have an excellent contractor (by the way, if you need one, let me know and I'll give you his info) BUT we are searching for a place to get kitchen cabinets from. We are going to try Factory Builder Stores and the Habitat for Humanity store, but would like some suggestions from someone any of you have used and trust. (By the way, if you can't tell, we don't really like paying retail...the less expensive but still good quality, the better!)
Thanks!

P.S. Here's a couple of photos to explain why we are in a hurry. This is before of our kitchen:

and here's what Shawn and our friend Drew did all afternoon yesterday:


so this is what I'm living with as incentive for me to find cabinets fast. grr.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

why did the cabinets come down? After all of that hard work!!!!????????

The Littles said...

Umm insurance is paying for it from ike. NOT gonna turn that down, doesn't matter how hard I worked! :)

Angie said...

I am with Jodi on this one...
I thought your cabinets already looked good. However, if Ike is payin'....
Sorry I don't know anyone in the cabinet business.

Susan Cox said...

Hey Katie, Did ya'll have a furdown (sp?) before and have it removed or did you just have the open space above your cabinets? I have furdown and I want it gone!!

The Littles said...

Hey Susan, no we didn't have a furdown. There was open space above the cabinets that used to be there. We just took down the cabinets, made sure it wasn't a load-bearing wall, and took out the wall. I'm not sure how to remove just the furdown...check to see if it's hiding any pipes, and if not, it should be pretty simple to remove and re-sheet rock.

Susan Cox said...

Well, Ron thinks the cabinets are attached to it. So I guess I just have to live with it for now. Thanks anyway. Hope ya'll are doing good. Loralei is a little doll and I know my dolls since I have a few myself!