Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sweet sweet baby...

****Update**** For those of you who know Diane, she has joined the world of blogs, at last! Here's the link: http://theelderpost.blogspot.com/


So I have nothing within me that even resembles baby fever right now....but this little cutie is (almost) enough to change that! I was able to watch little Ashton Reed Elder the other day while Diane went to a Dr's appointment, and he was such a little angel! I had forgotten how easy newborns are compared to the constant chasing after and de-fusing tantrums life of a 14-month-old. *Side note- for those of you that are wondering, unless baby fever suddenly strikes and strikes hard, there are no plans for baby #2 yet, except to say that there will someday be a baby#2* While I was watching/trying to photograph Ashton, Lorelai was screaming, being insubordinant, and trying to run into the street. *sigh* I will say this- Lorelai's age is MUCH more amusing. Newborns are sooooo sweet and cuddly, but 14 month olds laugh at your silly faces, play with you, and love wierd things like red puppets with high pitched voices.
Here are some pictures from our day together:






Next order of business: Thanks to Karen and Susan for replying to my last blog regarding a new hand-held vacuum (and Jodi...sarcasm is always appreciated. So is new technology which allows me to be more efficient/lazy.) I think Shawn wants to replace his craftsman handheld vac that matches all of his rechargeable batteries, so it looks like I may be stuck with that for a while. yay.

So next request for recommendations: anyone in these here parts like to vegetable garden?? I'm starting to plan/obsess over starting one this year. I have ALWAYS wanted to, but we've always started too late and never really done any research on it. If anyone has any valuable advice regarding vegetables that grow really well around here, cool websites, and where the best places to shop are, let me know!
Looking forward to more feedback this time, people! Pics of Lorelai to come...we've been soooooooo busy with getting the house in order we haven't done much picture taking besides the ones above.
Katie
There has been alot of/many forward dashes today. It's that kind of day/afternoon I guess.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Katie- I must say the pics you took of Diane and Ashton are amazing! Great job my friend!

Angie said...

i love the pics! i am interested in the veggie garden thing too- however i know nothing about it...
again- great job on the pics

Eat Your Vegetables said...

I already emailed you a long one about veggie gardening, but I should also mention that you are in a great "tropical" zone to grow a garden that will quickly go crazy. I am so envious of my mom's garden every year because it grows into a veggie jungle while mine is still "sprouting".

Anonymous said...

Best tomatoes: EARLY GIRL (buy plants),also - peppers(any you like).
From seeds will grow lettuce,radishes, even cucumbers.
Herbs, also easy.
For the garden itself, lots of composted manure; rice hulls, also great.
Stephen knows more!

Peggy said...

Hi Katie!

I finally figured out how to send a comment to you. I love looking at how Lorelai is growing. She has the cutest little voice and oh by the way, I heard spaghetti too!!!
Peggy