Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pearland Winterfest

Well, we headed out into the freezing wind last Saturday to try out the Winterfest at Pearland Independence Park! It was alot of fun, but I think Lorelai will enjoy it much more next year. The only thing she really went crazy for was the Petting Zoo. She got sooooooo excited, she just walked around screaming! It was really funny. There were alot of older kids there who were hogging the smaller animals, picking them up, terrorizing the Llama to the point that it starting running around the pen almost knocking over small children....not much parental supervision. But there was a pig and a bunny, which Lorelai hadn't ever seen before!
Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:



And,a glimpse of Lorelai's new mean face....this isn't the full effect, because for some reason she decided it was funny that I was telling her not to abuse the animals.

I'll try to catch her next time she's really focusing her anger towards me, since I seem to be the one who gets the look the most.
Maybe because I'm the ONLY ONE who tells her no??? :)
Til next time...

6 comments:

Jack said...

(This is Brad) First of all, Lorelai is absolutely precious with powdered sugar and sprinkles. But Katie, seriously... Are you honestly wondering where she gets that from? You have mastered the art of the icey stare!

Eat Your Vegetables said...

Love Lorelai's mean look. Too bad she doesn't know she is still cute when attempting to disarm you with it!

Jack said...

Katie,
Please forgive my husband's sass. He is no longer allowed to view blogs. BTW nice job on the photos. I love that you were able to catch Lorelai's little mean face. Let me know what you had your ISO, sutter speed and aperture on. A lot of my photos from that day seemed over exposed.

The Littles said...

Linds- I had it set to Portrait...Auto White Balance, Shutter speed 1/800, ISO 100, F-stop 2.0 using my 50mm lens. Hope this helps...let me know what your settings were so I can compare. P.S. All these photos were taken in the petting zoo which was under a tent, so that may have helped me out some.

Heidi Meurer said...

Love the mean face :) What a cutie! (Even when she's making a mean face!)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm.... i've seen that mean face before..... but where???? oh yeah, her MOTHER. lol enjoy the karma hon. ap