Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday Bash Numero Uno

Well, Lorelai has now officially been one for one whole week. Nothing has changed, except I cringe when people ask how old she is and I have to reply (almost in tears, mind you) "she's ONE!" It's cliche time, people.
***Time Flies when you're having fun. They Grow up so fast. She'll be out the door before you know it.***
They are ALL true!!!
The only thing that I thought would be different right now is I thought she would be walking. I am ready for her to walk! Call me crazy, tell me I'll be chasing her every second. If you say this to me, you haven't spent more than 5 minutes at my house. This kid can cross the house in 5 seconds. She is like lightning. The only difference there will be between her crawling and walking is the heighth at which she travels. She did take a few steps towards the end of her birthday party last saturday, and has continued to take 3-4 steps at a time every day since, but no substancial, for real walking. She is "toddling." My little big girl!
On her actual birthday, Shawn and I attacked her with kisses and then he was off to work! We then turned her sarseat facing forward (yay!!) and went to breakfast with Granna, Auntie L, and Auntie Rae at Empire Cafe. It was, as usual, super yummy! Here's a few pics:







Ok, so here is what everyone has been waiting for. Pictures of the party. I have been hesitant to post the ones of us opening her presents, because besides the AWESOME photography skills of Jodi, I am making a super wierd face in almost every single one. Do I really look like this, people?! How embarrassing. :)






Lorelai honing in on the cake...

Getting her first taste...

"mom, I really like this!"

"um, clearly I'm busy. did you need something ?"

Someone, somewhere has a picture of her faceplanting into the cake once she got going. Thanks to everyone who made it (and made it possible!)! We truly had a great time, and Lorelai was happy and interactive, which I was excited about. One year olds are so unpredictable.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

loved the party, love you, love your daughter

love, me

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday our little Lorelai...such a beautiful baby girl...wish we lived closer to be able to share such occasions..

Catherine said...

great pics..esp love the cake ones..btw, your flooring looks fab!