Saturday, November 1, 2008

After all, tomorrow.....is another day!

Okay, so my favorite movie of ALL time is Gone With The Wind. Read the book a million times, seen the movie a few million more, have half of it memorized. Always loved the fact that "Katie Scarlett O'Hara" and I shared the same name. It didn't take me long to think of Lorelai's Halloween costume....a southern belle! After picking the colors it was going to be, I was a little worried she would look like the wicked witch of the west, but Kelly (my mother-in-law who MADE the dress!!!!) did an amazing job and it came out perfectly. Here are some pics from Friday....we visited the Pumpkin Patch at St Andrews in the morning, carved our pumpkin at home with daddy, went to the trunk or treat at Fwd Church of Christ, then to Nana's, then over to the Stonemans (new next door neighbors) then Lorelai went home and went to bed (with Daddy home, of course) while Momma got to hang out with neighbor Amee and her friends. Here are my favorite pictures from the day...the yellow outfit featured in some of the Pumpkin Patch pictures is an outfit I found at a resale shop while in Tennessee...it reminded me of something from the 1920's and I fell in love with it. Enjoy!













and, last but not least, my favorite....my stand-alone chick looking all grown up standing up by her lonesome.

"As God as my witness, I'll never be seated AGAIN!"
*queue GWTW theme music*
*end scene*

4 comments:

Eat Your Vegetables said...

She looks beautiful! I love her standing pic. The dress was perfect. Kudos to your M-I-L.
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute! Love the dress!

I also love the yellow dress! I wish they made more vintage looking clothes for children!

HPowers said...

SO CUTE!!!!! Can't wait to see her on her bday. Tell her she needs to start handing out more hugs and kisses to her family. It's killing me! I've gotta get a hug from that cutie!!

Heidi Meurer said...

She looks soooooooo cute!!! I love the dress idea: genius!

Also, I got to see your little angel yesterday at Friendswood. She is ridiculously cute and FAT and I want to eat her a little :)