Thursday, July 17, 2008

There's everywhere else....and then there's Vegas!

This past weekend Shawn's dad and brother treated us to a baby-free weekend in fabulous Las Vegas! We had a ton of fun (even though we were missing our Lorelai, who was at home with Auntie L) and saw 2 Cirque Du Soleil shows: Love and O. O was my favorite by far of any I've seen so far! The stage would change from a swimming pool to a platform before you even knew what was going on! We stayed on the strip at New York, New York and Shawn and his dad became pretty addicted to a Star Wars slot machine. At one point, they began to blame Ryan (Shawn's brother) and I for their string of bad luck and told us to go away. Ryan and I walked away towards the .25 slots we had been playing when I thought, ya know, I'll give the $1 slots a try. and I won $30! So I thought, hey- that was cool, I'll try my luck at another $1 machine. I was down to my last turn on a $20 bill when I pushed the button and WON $600.00!!! Ryan and I started screaming and jumping up and down (embarassing, I know, but we were caught up in the moment, and seriously, who did we care about seeing us in Vegas???) and ran over to Shawn and his dad. They were excited, but sent us away again, hoping to have a little luck of their own. So, Ryan and I, still shaking from the excitement, took a different $20.00 (I didn't dare cash out my $600.00 for fear I'd spend it) and went to another machine. On that very next $20 I won $974.00. I'm not even joking. At this point, I can't even say with certainty what happened next...Ryan and I were delirious. But, I do know that Pat (Shawn's dad) and Shawn made fun of me all weekend for panting like a dog with wild eyes and not being able to talk. Nice. Who cares, I had just won almost $1600.00. Who wouldn't be breathless? Here are some fun pictures of the long weekend:





4 comments:

Jack said...

Booyah!!! Do I see a shopping spree in your future??

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I thought you had won the 1500 all at once.. this makes more since now. Those are some really cute pictures of you and shawn! Anytime you two need a little get away, just let me know.. i had a blast with that darling girl!

Heidi Meurer said...

Wow! That's awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time. You look just beautiful in all the pics, by the way.

Anonymous said...

What fun! That's awesome! Leslie seemed excited about babysitting! Im sure she had fun!