Monday, July 21, 2008

Today I Shined my Sink......Again.

Okay, so if any of you have been reading my blog for about 6 months.....you know that 6 months ago I wrote a very excited blog about finding flylady.org and how it is helping me learn to clean my house....blah blah blah. I had a very happy and organized 6 weeks, then I forgot to unload my dishwasher one morning and it all went to hades. SO, here I go again. At the encouragement of my husband and my wish to once again regain my sanity, I'm going to try top start re-establishing my daily habits that kept my house clean and me happy and stress-free. Go me. If you pay attention to my personality traits and study me even half-way closely, you would probably realize fairly quickly that I am a creative and easily excitable person! I love new ideas and crafty things, and I love getting started on them and telling EVERYONE about them.....bu when they become more work than I bargain for, I quickly forget about them and start on something else exciting! I'm not lazy....I just like using my imagination....once the imagining part of the process is over, I want to move onto something else that I can get excited about and start working on that. This cleaning stuff is something I need to stick to! Any words of encouragement or wisdom are much appreciated. Blog on, my friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried flylady too and I just can't do it every day! Too much! But go YOU! :) My house is probably the messiest it has ever been on a consistent basis and we have the most people over now on a consistent basis. Oh well!

Heidi Meurer said...

I had never heard of flylady...wow, she's serious about her cleaning! I know what you mean, though. Once baby comes along, cleaning seems to get pushed to the periphery. I do alright with keeping the house fairly tidy, but I NEVER dust. I hate to do it. This weekend we were at Will's grandparents house, and his nearly 90-year-old grandmother confessed that she "only dusts once or twice a week." Ouch.

Jodi said...

shine that sink sista- Put on some booty shaking music and burn some calories while you are at it since we suck at working out!!! speaking of cleaning- I gotta go.