Friday, May 1, 2009

Baby Girl's Best Friend...

Lorelai loves her "doggies," but Lance in particular is her favorite. She especially loves torturing him, probably because he endures it with love and patience! I frequently catch her beating the dogs with whatever object she can get her hands on, yanking hard on their tails, grabbing their legs, pulling their ears, etc. Clementine usually runs as soon as she sees Lorelai coming, but Lance... he loves her. He will take it. If the torture becomes especially strenuous, I will catch him growling in a painful way. I got worried when i heard him do this the first time because he is usually such a sweet dog, I didn't know what he'd do when put to the test. I saw him looking the other way, wincing, then growling.... then finally, when I thought he'd reached his limit and was going to snap at her, I moved forward to intervene... (I usually command her to be Gentle to the puppies when she beats them, but I really wanted to know what he would do...)
Before I could get between the two of them, I saw Lance lunge for Lorelai's face. and that vicious, vicious dog retaliated by... LICKING her! Sweetest dog ever. He just kept licking her face til she stopped, and I've never worried about them since.

Here's some pictures I caught of them just today:

She was holding the phone to his ear and saying "helloooooooooo!"

(sorry for the blurry pics...I was just trying to capture the moment!)

This next one was SUPER funny because she had him cornered in the office and was trying SO hard to get Shawn's hat on his head. Every time he ran she would just giggle and chase him!


And all you haters out there can call it gross that I let him lick her, but seriously. This dog just LOVES her. How could I get between that?

(and no, her mouth is NOT open. That is gross. I usually discourage licking on the face.)

I know Shawn loves Lance, but I think Lorelai is Lances favorite. Sorry honey.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maryellen said...

Not gross at all to have a dog lick your face. I figure their mouths are probably just as clean as mine. So cute to see Lorelai's relationship with Lance!

(Sorry, I accidentally deleted my first post!)

Duda said...

makes me miss our Snoopy!
He would have loved Sammy!