Sunday, February 8, 2009

Under Construction, A new obscenely large fish tank, and...

We will start with the construction. We got our new cabinets in Friday, so this has been a weekend full of ripping the old ones out, and putting the new ones in. We are just starting today to install the new ones, but this is what our kitchen looks like right now:


So today I am asking myself the question, why, oh why did I let Shawn buy this new fish tank??? think it's 110 gal and it takes up the whole back wall of our dining room (where the mirror use to be.) It really is pretty, and he really did get a good deal on it, but it is SO over the top. Our old tank caught some disease, and EVERY fish but one died. It was the worst massacre our house has experienced. He was going to have to buy a bunch of new stuff that would've been expensive, so instead we decided to get this monster off of Craigslist:

This morning, while Shawn was admiring said new fish tank, he came across something rather disturbing...

THE GHOST OF FISH TANKS PAST! Do you see the freaky, happy-looking-whale creature in the rock? I thought when Shawn showed it to me it was a fish that had gotten trapped in the rock and was decomposing (wouldn't have been the first time...) but NO. It is a part of the rock that chipped during transfer from one tank to the next. creepy.
I know it's not Mary, but how much do you think we could get it for on Ebay? :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is the only nice thing I can say about your kitchen right now!

Heidi Meurer said...

1. Can't wait to see the new kitchen
2. That fish tank IS obscenely large.
3. I can't make out the whale apparition...I'm pretty sure you're just making it up.
4. Give Loralei a big kiss for me!