Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tot School? Sure, Why Not.

This is our first week back to a regular nap time, healthy dinners, and Mother's Day Out!
Yay for normalcy!
We still haven't officially begun any new Tot School activities. I am really excited to get started, though! Walmart was having a big sale on their toys this past week, so we snatched up some wooden blocks, kid-sized kitchen gadgets, and even an art easel! I can't wait to get it all set-up so we can get back to our ABC's and 1,2,3's.
Daddy has been doing a little Tot Schooling of his own with Lorelai...we cleaned out our office this past week so we have it set up with a tv and an old-school Super NES. This is what lesson plans Shawn has been working on:
(Please excuse picture quality...these were taken with the trusty ole point and shoot)
If you look closely, you can see that she is holding the duck hunt gun while watching Bambi.
Nice.
Every time Thumper came on the screen, Shawn would say "Shoot the bunny!"
And she would.
I think it's funny that Shawn thinks outside the box...it's one of the things I love most about him, however odd the subject matter is! :)
He also took up teaching Lorelai the important skill of playing Super NES Mario...
or "Cheerio" as she calls it...I have a video of her playing, but I can't remember our youtube username and it takes too long to load straight to the blog. :(
That's all I've got for today!

1 comments:

Kaleb Fulgham said...

Learning the important stuff young I see!!! Duck Hunt rocks and Lorelai shooting the bunnies in Bambi is hilarious. Great skills.