Thursday, December 11, 2008

not EVEN fair...

...to be a sister of this green-eyed beauty who has NO idea what a knock-out she is. 5'11", thin, hazel eyes, rocks a nose piercing like its nobody's business- just not fair! I tried soooooo hard to get a pic that would do her justice, and this is what I got. Didn't have to edit it a bit.



Here a few others from that day....it was the middle of the day and the light was a bit harsh, but we got a few that were pretty good!




....AND, as an added blog bonus, some pictures of SNOW!
To make a long story short, yesterday at about 4:00pm I went to Kohl's (after being at Michael's for an hour, mind you...) Shawn met me up there to get something out of my car, drove me back to the store entrance cause it was FREEZING (um, literally). Fast-forward 45 minutes of shopping later, I realize I left my car keys in his truck, he's at U of H and has to go straight to a teeth cleaning appointment afterwards. Nana came and hung out with us and bought Lorelai lots of clothes from Kohls and then (illegally) drove us down to Skeets (it's in the same parking lot people, don't blow the whistle on us!) We left at 8:30pm-ish. WHEW! Okay, so that wasn't really a short-version, but I had to explain why the only pics I got of Lorelai in the snow are of her screaming at 9:00pm at night after falling asleep in the car on the way home! I had to leave her there on the ground and snap a few...it was really only over the course of 5 minutes, don't believe what she'll try to tell you. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! I couldn't pass that up, not over a few dramatic tears. After I picked her up she calmed down immediately.
Here it is, Lorelai's first snowfall!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel is gorgeous! I'm speechless! So beautiful!

I LOVE the last photo of L screaming! Too funny! Sad we missed the snow here..I was hoping to get some screaming snow photos too! :)

Heidi Meurer said...

Your sister AND baby shots are wonderful! Lovely girls!

Amy and Family said...

Hey! Here is the link to the exact diaper bag I have ... except that mine is pink. The pink one here is a little different than mine. I LOVE this bag. I got it about 3 months before Lauren was born and still carry it ... so I have gotten almost two years out of it. (Lauren is 19 months).
There are a lot of good ones on this site. They are king of pricey - but I will be carrying this one till I don't need a diaper bag - so over two years. Not bad!

http://shop.babykaed.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=8