Saturday, October 4, 2008

Well we arrived safe and sound here in Tennessee Thursday afternoon. Lorelai did wonderfully on her first flight! It wasn't a full plane so we were able to bring her carseat on and latch her in safe and sound so it was just another normal "car" ride for her. We are having a TON of fun and are enjoying the AMAZING weather and scenery. The leaves are just starting to turn color in some areas and it is just the most beautiful thing ever. Shawn's Uncle Mike has nicknamed Lorelai "Punkin'" and he, Aunt Cookie and Aunt Peggy are the sweetest people ever. They just keep saying over and over telling anyone who will listen how Lorelai is just the best baby ever and she is being the greatest sport....on and on and on! We were able to shock the pants off of Shawn's Aunt Peggy when Kelly stepped off the plane and had Lorelai and I with her....she didn't know we were coming so it really threw her for a loop. We went to the Gallatin town festival today in the town square and took a tour of the Palace theatre...the oldest fully intact theatre in America that is still running....it was built in 1913! I swear we are in Stars Hollow (the town in Gilmore Girls...)I will have to attach pictures of these things once I get home. I brought 2 cameras and am taking alot of time loading all of my pics. I truly love it here and am going to have to make this an annual trip. Yesterday I took Lorelai outside for a photo shoot....in Uncle Mike and Aunt Cookie's backyard. Look at the size of the leaves! Autumn is in full bloom here. wow.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the shirt :) Very cute pictures though, can't wait to see the rest!

Shae H. said...

I would love to know what kind of camera you have, it takes the prettiest pictures, your daughter looks adorable in all the pics!

Laura said...

Katie,

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Thanks for your comments on my blog! How's your new camera treating you? Hope you have a great rest of your vacation:)

P.S. So jealous of your hurricane bed find.

Tracy Dyan said...

Great Pics! Its just starting to turn colors here in Jersey too, but its already in the 40's and 50's (I really hate the cold).

Anonymous said...

What is fall exactly? :)

Wish I could experience it too!