Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh I wish I was in the land of cotton...

Well I know I posted a little bit in my last post about our trip to Tennessee...but here's the whole deal! (Sorry if I'm a bit repetitive) We got there last Thursday evening and had a relaxing evening just soaking up the landscape (which is to DIE for) and weather (also to DIE for) and caught up, and for me, MET family. I hadn't ever met Shawn's Uncle Mike, Aunt Cookie, and cousins Philip, his wife Michelle, and Kristen. Here's a picture of Uncle Mike and Aunt Cookie's awesome house with wrap around porch:

Aunt Peggy came to our wedding so it had been a looooong time since we had seen each other. The whole time Kelly was planning the trip, she managed to keep it a secret from Aunt Peggy that Lorelai and I were coming. It was Awesome. Here's a picture of Lorelai and Aunt Peggy playing together:

and one of Uncle Mike, Aunt Cookie, Aunt Peggy, and Kelly...eating Lorelai's cookies!

Friday we spent mainly getting some necessities from Walmart and shopping at Belks! (A department store not yet in Texas....) they were having a HUGE sale! Woohoo! Saturday was so much fun. It was everything I could ever want in a small town. I told Kelly I felt like I was in Stars Hollow...(the town in Gilmore Girls) They had a Main Street Festival where they shut down their old downtown square and had local vendors set up at booths. I was BORN for this life.




That last picture is at The Palace...the oldest still standing and operating movie theatre! It was built in 1913. Later that night we went on a candlelit tour of the Gallatin Cemetary. It was sooo cool- nothing spooky. We had a guide walk us around and at different graves they had a person dressed up in old clothes portraying the person buried there and giving an account of their lives. Once again...BORN for this. Call me weird if you want, but I really enjoy walking around graveyards looking at super old gravestones and imagining what the person's life was like. I'd like to think I'm just quirky and imaginative. Whatever.
The next day we had a little photo shoot with Lorelai in the backyard:




Cutest. Kid. Ever.
On that note...it's getting late and I'm sick. Woke up this morning with 102.5 and white spotted swollen tonsils. Welcome Home me. SO I will post more tomorrow about our outing to the Hermitage...Andrew Jackson's home. Great pictures. Here's the pic of the week to leave you feeling happy.

Til tomorrow...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorelai's wardrobe in these pictures provided by Auntie L :) Great fall pictures, glad ya'll ad fun. Now get well so I can see my niece again please.

Anonymous said...

So cute...I want to live in the Hollow with you! :)

We have a Belks BTW in Waco...maybe you'll get one soon! :)

Zach/Elizabeth Vowell said...

You should have saved that last pic for this year's Christmas card, too cute!

awwwww...Gilmore, I miss it.

Granna said...

Such cute pictures! I need some 5X7's. Duda has more pictures of Sam framed than I do of Lorelai.

Jodi said...

Why wasn't I invited on this trip missy?! ;)Too many photo ops! Your cutie pie is too cute!

Heidi Meurer said...

I love the pictures of Lorelei, especially the one of her against the red brick wall...too cute. Glad you guys had a good time!

JohnsonFamily said...

hey lady,
Just curious as to how the cloth diapers were treating you. Send an email or write a post about it.

hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you got her in this pose...TOO PERFECT