Wednesday, September 5, 2007

F+

Well it would appear that with the third trimester comes more fun than i can handle! 8/31 I had to take my blood-glucose test, which for those of you who have taken it know, it is no fun. Worst sugar crash of my life, I'm pretty sure I slept all day! Well I got a phone call from my nurse yesterday saying I need to start taking an Iron supplement because I am anemic. No big deal, right? I can handle a little upset stomach every day, anemia is pretty common in pregnancy. Then she hit me with it. I failed the glucose test also! Some of you may not be familiar with my history with needles, let's just say we don't get along so well....I went through about a 10 year period in my life where I passed out at every shot, blood drawing, or little prick. I now have to take the 3 hour test where I fast the night before, they take my blood when I get there, I drink the sugar drink, then they take my blood once an hour for 3 hours! Let's just say Lorelai is going to be an only child for a little while. No fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the test. I was anemic with Bella, nothing ever came of it except I had to take extra Iron. Hope the next test goes well for you!

Anonymous said...

Stinky...but soon you will have a little girl and it makes it all worth while!
-Jenny