Saturday, May 22, 2010

Backyard Fun!

So I've spent more time outside in my backyard this past month than I have probably in the past two years! Lorelai truly loves to be outside every moment of the day. She's figured out how to unlock the doors and has taken to running outside (in the backyard) without asking (which was QUICKLY corrected). Most mornings I usually let her run around the backyard while I stay at our breakfast table, backdoor open so I can see/hear her, but she doesn't need me out there to entertain her. That's what "Berkie" (Lance Berkdog) and "Clenentime" (Clementine) are there for. Those dogs have more patience in them than any dog I have ever known. This video is just a sample of what goes on here every day.
We planted a small vegetable garden this year and just this past week have gotten to eat some tomatoes from it. Here's the first tomato:
I love it when she comes in from playing outside. All sweaty, curls everywhere, usually covered in dirt that she's been trying to force-feed the dogs. What a life. :)

On a different note, last Thursday was Lorelai's last day of Mother's Day Out. We will miss her friends and her teachers, but I'm excited to have my girl every day all day. I really enjoyed my Tuesday/Thursday freedom, but I usually ended up spending money and picking up a very grumpy 2 1/2 year old who hadn't napped. We'd end up going home and putting her down for a nap and then that's almost a whole day I hadn't spent good time with her. I really enjoy spending time with her and while some days I am thoroughly exhausted....I think that's just the life of a mommy. At this point, I don't plan on putting her back in. I foresee this being very difficult since my photography business is really starting to take off, but I'm going to try really hard to manage my schedule. And if all else fails, I can always put her back in next year :)
That's all for now!

0 comments: